The structure and operation of businesses these days are very different to the businesses of a few decades ago. Technologies have surfaced that have forever changed the way businesses operate.
Many recent technologies have made it easier for small businesses to boost their services and performance, allowing them to “punch above their weight” while not having to “pay over their means”. Hosted private brand exchange (Hosted PBX) is one of these technologies and offers businesses the prospect to enhance their communications in a manner that's in keeping with the changing business environment.
Detailing Hosted PBX
Hosted PBX is a cloud-based technology that has changed the way we work. Flexibility has become a priority of the present-day worker and cloud systems have allowed for this flexibility while not compromising quality of work or effectiveness of staff within the workplace.
Hosted PBX systems allow businesses the chance to utilize advanced telephone systems without a requirement for extra on-premises telephone infrastructure. Workers are given the capability to work from remote locations or their cell phones while still being contactable via the one phone number.
Benefits of Hosted PBX
Organizations can experience the benefits of a hosted PBX through any number of the following ways:
- Cost: It's vital for any business to lower their operating costs. The cost of a Hosted PBX system is typically the primary advantage when comparing it to a traditional phone system. Not having to buy and maintain extra physical hardware and the general lower operating costs for a hosted PBX system is transferred to you as the end business.
- Local Connection: Another helpful attribute of a hosted PBX is the ability to operate globally. Business can operate in a city in which they are not physically present. This basically enables a virtual workplace that spans multiple cities and countries. This will allow your business footprint to be much larger than normal.
- Professionalism: Hosted PBX systems incorporate call management features which help give the impression that your business is bigger and more established that you may be. For example, an inbound caller can be routed to a voice menu which streams the call to different departments. The inbound call may also be listening to product and company advertising while waiting to be picked up by staff.
- Voice Over IP (VoIP): Hosted PBX systems are VoIP systems. VoIP eliminates the requirement for a physical telephone. While there are physical VoIP capable phones which can be used with this service, many businesses prefer to use soft phones (software-based phones). These soft phones can be installed on a desktop, laptop and even a mobile phone to provide unified communication with the flexibility of being able to work while mobile.
- Scalability: The number of users in your business will naturally fluctuate over time. With Hosted PBX services, there is no pressure to buy a range of phones and phone lines from your provider. You can simply scale the user base within the management portal as needed. Customer portals provide you the capability to make these changes quickly and easily.
- Up to date: Because the infrastructure is owned and operated by the service provider, it is incumbent on the service provider to ensure the system and services are up to date. Your business does not need to worry about paying for and maintaining systems outside your core business. The service provider already specializes in dealing with these systems and will keep them operational and up to date with new features for the changing business landscape.
All the above advantages along with the way hosted PBX systems meet a business’s need to leverage technology in a trans-formative way, make it a viable communications solution for nearly all small to medium-sized businesses.
Looking for a reliable VoIP provider? Sign up at VoIPLine Telecom and get 14-Day free trial to try the best features of our Hosted PBX phone telephone solution.